Radiant Splendor Supersized QAL Finish

Back in November, the Bernina We All Sew blog hosted a quilt along for Faith Jones' Radiant Splendor Supersized quilt.  I wasn't planning on making the quilt right away, but when I visited my friend's quilt shop last month, I saw some Tula Pink prints that would be perfect for it, so I purchased some yardage and got sewing!

I put the last stitches in the binding last weekend and then quickly took photos while the light was sort of good. (Winter is so depressing!)


The Tula Pink prints really were the perfect fit for this quilt. For the background, I went with Kona White and Kona Snow (I actually thought both pieces were white, but after it was all pieced, I realized I also used Snow - oh well!). The binding is Kona Eggplant and it frames the quilt perfectly.


For the quilting, I went with three different designs.  I started with some dot to dot quilting in the inner and outer star points.


Some wishbone quilting in the frame around the inner star.


And went with a simpler meander for the background and negative space.


The backing is a light grey print - you can really see the purple thread on the back which is kind of cool.


This will most likely be my last finish and my last blog post before Christmas so let me wish you Happy Holidays. I hope you get to spend some down time, surrounded by those you love.

Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern: Radiant Splendor Supersized by Faith Jones
  • Size: 60" square 
  • Fabrics: Spirit Animal by Tula Pink, Kona White, Kona Snow and Kona Eggplant 
  • Thread: Pieced with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt, quilted with Aurifil #2520 (purple) in 40 wt and #2021 (white) in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: Not quite sure yet.


Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Powered by Quilting for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Izzy! This is a beautiful finish and it looks cheerful even against all that snow. I hope you have a lovely holiday with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great finish! The colors are perfect in the snow. I really have to train myself to be able to do wishbone and ribbon candy quilting motifs. I can't do them yet, and I love them so much. . . Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, my friend! Love this finish and particularly love the wishbone quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the shot of the back and the quilting. Who knew white and snow are different colors?! :) Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on your finish. Thanks for the holiday wishes. Enjoy yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish, the quilt looks great against the snow. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter is so very depressing. So cold and dreary. This is a great pattern. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment