Bed Runner for Mom

A couple of years ago, my mom sold her house in the suburbs and moved into a condo in the city. Her new condo is super modern and when I went for my first visit, she mentioned that she would love a black and white bed runner made by me for her new bedroom.

During the Christmas holidays a couple of months ago, I started playing with my black and white scraps and decided it was time.  So I made 12.5" slab blocks in black, white and grey and threw one piece of red in there for a pop of colour.  I had made a few blocks when I put this project on my Q1 list for the 2017 FAL.  So this is my first finish on that list!!


I quilted it with a meander with Aurifil 2600 in 50 wt.


The binding is Kona Red and I used my precious Cotton and Steel from a couple of years ago for the backing.


I put it on my bed to see how it would look on a Queen Size bed and it's perfect!


And it did get Bronx' seal of approval... more than once!


Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern:  Improv slab blocks based on the "Missing the U" blocks by Cheryl Arkison (from the book Sunday Morning Quilts)
  • Size: 36” x 96”
  • Fabrics: scraps, Kona Red (binding), C+S (backing)
  • Thread: pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 50 wt
  • Recipient:  Mom  :-)
Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Anja Quilts for TGIFF.


Comments

  1. I love the modern look! And it's sure to fit in perfectly with your mom's modern condo. Those pops of red are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a red binding on quilts and its perfect with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color scheme. What a lucky mom. It also reminds me that I need to get working on my mom's belated birthday present in similar colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and your color scheme. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment