Fast forward to this Summer and the time had come! The pattern was for an electric guitar, and my sweetie plays the acoustic guitar so I had to make changes to the pattern. I took out the good old graph paper and pencil and got started. This is what I came up with:
Each square is 2" finished. I didn't really feel like spending hours cutting 2.5" squares so decided to use up the mini charms I had in my sewing room and which I knew I probably wouldn't use otherwise. I chose 6 packs that are more traditional prints and colours - and let's be honest - I just wasn't crazy about. But I figured they would be ok to use in a quilt design such as this one. I pulled the packs apart and put all the little squares in a cookie box I had handy so that I would simply pull them out of the box and sew.
I'm using Kona Snow as the background so might have to eliminate some of those mini charms. I worked on this all day yesterday - it was pouring rain - and made some really good progress. But I'm running out of Kona Snow real fast so will most likely need to order more before I can finish this top.
I can't wait to have this one done and gifted to my sweetie! I think he's going to love it... even if Puffs seems to be totally unimpressed with the whole thing...
Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.