WIP Wednesday

I'm happy to report that my sewjo is back!  I've been sewing, quilting, planning and I'm even attending a FMQ workshop this weekend with the wonderful M-R Charbonneau of Quilt Matters.

I've also been doing a little teaching myself.  My daughter is learning how to quilt and started working on her first quilt this week.

So what am I working on specifically?  First off is a mini for a swap I'm participating in over on Instagram (#igminiswap).  Deciding on a design and then fabrics for my partner was no easy task.  I chose a simple pattern with lots of low volume prints and nice pops of colours.  Come back later this week for the big reveal!


I also sent and then received my last blocks for the SuperNova Friendship Swap.  I am literally in love with the blocks my partner Julie and I came up with.  How amazing is this quilt going to be?!


We each get 10 blocks - 9 for the quilt and an extra for a pillow.



The last project I have on the go is a pattern by Meadow Mist Designs (Scrappy Tiles) and I'm using a layer cake I've had in my stash for a long time...


And I'll end this post of my beautiful daughter working on cutting her fabric.  :-)


I'm so happy to have company in my sewing room!

Linking up at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

What are you working on this week?

Izzy


 


 


 
 

Comments

  1. I checked out your fmq teacher's blog, it looks like you are going to have a great experience!!!! I LOVE fmq and can't wait to hear some tips you learn or new designs. I have such a hard time keeping my loops even if you find out any tips I'd live to hear them;)

    The mini you are making is going to be beautiful! What are you going to use for binding? I used to be all about stripes (and still love them) but lately I've been doing a lot of solids.

    Is your daughter catching the quilting bug via her art project? I hope so!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I checked out the scrappy tiles versions and definitely like the ones made with one fabric line better than the truly scrappy ones. I think yours will be gorgeous with anything Bonnie and Camille (or Fig Tree would be another). Looking forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mini you are working on. The geese with the low volume are beautiful. I am so excited to see Scrappy Tiles in Marmalade! Marmalade is one of my absolute favorite lines and I am sure the quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks, all of them, are amazing! I'm loving the bright colours of that one quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of cute stuff going on over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those supernova blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment