TGIFF - A Mini Finish

Welcome to TGIFF!  I'm so happy to be hosting this week - the added motivation to get this mini finished was awesome.

A couple of months ago, on a complete whim, I signed up for the #igminiswap over on Instagram.  A mini was perfect because it's a relatively small commitment, I knew I could complete it in time and I really love mini quilts.

On the down side is the added pressure of making something for a stranger.  I struggled with finding the right pattern, choosing the right fabric and then deciding how to quilt it.  After weeks of indecision, I was browsing through Pinterest pins when I see this one.  My partner loves low volume fabric and pops of colours... Perfect match!



I used scraps from some of my favourite fabrics for the geese and added more colours in the binding with this fun chevron print.  For the quilting, I went with paisleys in the cream background, some straight lines in the darker areas and some simple stitch in the ditch around the geese.



I really hope my partner likes it.   If you were my partner, would you be happy to receive it?

Do you participate in online swaps?  Do you also feel extra pressure to make sure everything about your make is absolutely perfect?

All right - let's get the links up!  Show off your finishes and get inspired by visiting other links!  Don't forget to link back to TGIFF...

Thank you for stopping by!

Izzy

Comments

  1. I would be thrilled to receive something like that. It's pretty and the quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's spectacular. I've never participated in an Internet swap, it's an intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your partner is sure to love this mini, Izzy. It is so pretty! Love the design and the colours you chose. The quilting is perfect! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, seriously your fmq is exquisite!!! And yes, I would love to receive this! In fact, send it to me instead, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's amazing!! I'd be thrilled to receive it if I was your partner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an absolutely beautiful quilt. I'd be more than happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, I'd like that as a gift. Great addition to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting! The colours and the quilting are are beautiful. Your partner is going to love it!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mini looks great. I'd be delighted to receive it and I'm sure your partner will be too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had a mixed bag of swaps this year and have sworn them off--the #igminiswap is my last big group one. I put a ridiculous amount of planning, thought, time and energy into each quilt and what I've gotten in return has not work (zip pouch wouldn't even open all the way), traveling quilts MIA since May, no birthday gifts on my birthday...it all just makes me too grumpy to want to do it anymore. I think the quilt you've made is lovely and it sounds like you've really thought about what your partner likes! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mini finish! The paisley quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to leave a comment so I could be classified as wonderful and smart (ha ha). Honestly, I love your little finish. The design is simple but so appealing and the quilting is fantastic. It is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it so much and I posted about it on the blog today. Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mini! thanks so much for using my tutorial...I love to see people sewing with my patterns! You did a great job, your partner is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would so love to know how the geese are incorporated into the blocks. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would so love to know how the geese are incorporated into the blocks. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You didn't use a hst and I can't figure out how you made the geese. Please explain. Love the look of it. thanks ~~rita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never mind. I found a tutorial on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment