Last Spring, the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild organized a block lottery and participants had to piece a Dancing Queen block (designed by Elizabeth Hartman). Well, instead of using the blocks for herself, the winner of the lottery decided to donate the blocks so we could make charity quilts.
I volunteered to take 3 of the blocks and piece a quilt with them. I struggled with how to put the blocks together for weeks and in the end, I really wasn't all that creative... (and I apologize for the really crap pictures - it was already dark when I got home today and I really wanted to post about this finish!)
I used some Kona cotton in I believe Coal to put a huge border on one side and called it done!
I did put more effort with the quilting though.
I stitched some wood grain in the grey border.
And some big paisleys in the blocks.
The size, before washing, is about 50" x 60".
Linking up this finish at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.
Have a good weekend!