Alexia's Quilt is done!

The first of the twin baby quilts is all finished! I tried to have both done for today, but my sweetie offered to take me out for sushi tonight so I only had time for one quilt. :-)

I plan on getting the second one done when I get back from the cottage Sunday night.

So here is Alexia's quilt...

I'm really sorry about the crap photo, but I won't be able to get a good picture until the weekend and I really wanted to tell you about this finish.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I used a MBS tutorial for this baby quilt and it was super quick and easy to put together. I went with a Deb Strain charm pack (Always and Forever) and a very small print for the background (can't remember the collection unfortunately). The binding is Kona Bubblegum.

The back is a super soft flannel by Cloud 9. It is absolutely divine! It measures 40" square before washing.

My sweetie and I spoke to the twins' mother tonight to see when we could visit and we found out baby Olivia came home today, but Alexia is still struggling... So if you are the praying type, please say a little prayer tonight for baby Alexia. I know their mother is really anxious to have them both home.

I'll be back on Sunday with Olivia's finished quilt!

Linking up at these wonderful blogs this week:

And then I'll spend a few hours getting inspired by all the wonderful projects in the linky parties! You should too! :-)

Have a great weekend!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Such a sweet quilt! I will keep her and her mama in my thoughts!! Such a sweet husband to offer sushi! Id pick sushi over quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!! Excellent finish! So glad you showed us. :)

    Sending all my good vibes your friends way. Hope that baby comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! This turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous and I am sure it will be well and truly loved! Saying a prayer for the little one and her family. Hope she gets home soon! Thanks for sharing (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling quilt! I love the asymmetrical layout, Izzy. Hope Olivia gets home soon to cuddle with her family and her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable quilt. Love the pinks and reds.
    Merrilee
    http://stitchinpost-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really sweet quilt, Izzy. the simple pattern really let the pretty fabrics shine, and the name makes it super special!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful quilt! Thank you linking up to TGIFF Izzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful quilt! I hope the other twin comes home soon - looking forward to seeing that quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment