A Weekend of Schnibbles

As you might already know, for the past year and a half, I've been participating in a fabulous QAL hosted by Sherri of A Quilting Life and Sinta of Pink Pincushion. Every month, a large group of quilters make a small quilt designed by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie Quilts Co. And on the 1st day of the month, Sherri and Sinta host a parade of Schnibbles on their blog. (If you're interested in joining us, click the button in my sidebar.)

Well, this past weekend has been all about Schnibbles for me.

First, I cut all of my charms for the August Schnibble and started piecing the blocks.

I decided to go with solids for this one. I'm using Kona cotton in a rainbow of colours. I think it's going to look really cool.

And yesterday, I started quilting Dulcinea, which was the June Schnibble.

I love making Schnibbles because they are pretty small projects that go together quickly and they are perfect for practicing my FMQ. On Dulcinea, I'm doing some echo quilting, some stitching in the ditch and some free motion designs in the white areas and in the border.

Before I put the quilt on the sewing machine, I "auditioned" a few designs on paper and then just went for it.

Basically, I'm using my Schnibbles as practice quilts. But instead if using up perfectly good fabric to make practice sandwiches, I finish quilt tops! Fabulous! :-)

And how was your weekend?

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Loving the solids! I'll have to check out this QAL! Great job on the FMQ. i have yet to move out of meanering or loops. I really should though.

    I had a great weekend spending time with my girls and snuck in some alone time at the book store..score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent my weekend canning pickles yesterday with my mom and daughter. Today, I worked on my Schnibbles Canasta too. I had blocks pieced and put them all together. Now, I need to pin it and figure out how to quilt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fabulous! Nice work! I had a pretty low key weekend, it was nice to take a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy! I am excited to see your little basket for Canasta. It is so cute. I love your quilting on your other Schnibbles also. It is a good chance to practice your quilting on something small. But your quilting is beautiful... no need to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilting! It looks so fancy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment