WIP Wednesday - Rowing Along

I've had a pretty quiet week on the sewing front.  Since I found out about Google Reader going away, I've been doing a little research into other blog readers.  I really haven't found anything I like yet.  Most of the blogs I follow are on the Blogger platform and I can continue to read those directly from the Dashboard.  For blogs that aren't on Blogger, I usually follow by email anyways, so that won't change.  I have imported all of the blogs I follow to both feedly and Bloglovin' and I'm trying both...  we'll see!

As far as quilting, I have managed to start the FMQ on The Big EZ and I am loving it!  You can see pictures of my progress here.  The quilting is taking way longer than I thought though so I might not be finished by the end of the month, as planned for A Lovely Year of Finishes.

I continued piecing my granny squares and have about 20 blocks all done.  Only 22 more to go!  :-)

I turned one of the minis I blogged about here into a small pillow and basted the other one so it's all ready for some FMQ (most probably tomorrow night).

I also continued with Lori's Row Along and pieced rows 5 and 6.

Cups_Rowalong
Row 5 - Cups

Cups_Rowalong1
A close up for Row 5

Geese_Rowalong
Row 6 - Flying Geese...  48 of them!

Rows1-6
Rows 1 through 6

I love working on these rows, but I am quickly running out of the 12 Days of Christmas scraps.  I hope I'll have enough to complete all 13 rows.

And that was my week!

How about you?  Are you working on those WIPs?

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Izzy

Comments

  1. Great progress. Now that Lori is finishing the row quilt, I'm starting to wish that I had joined in. I hope that your scraps hold out since your rows are looking awesome! I'm trying Bloglovin this week and I have mixed feelings about it. I may try the other one next week. I do like having Bloglovin on my phone, though. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started finding quilting blogs and this is about the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this row along. Yours is so darn cute : love it! hard to pick a favorite...the mugs are cute but I love those apples as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't run out of fabric either! I am loving the progress you are making on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is (of course) looking super cute! What a great idea to use Christmas fabric on it. I hope you have enough too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them. I didn't think about the fact that I could still read my blogs in the dashboard. I will have to take a look - it has been a long time since I used it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. Very cute in Christmas fabrics. I've swapped to Bloglovin for reading. It's okay, bits are different to reader so think that will just take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment