W.I.P. Wednesday



I have lots of works in progress to show this week!  Even with a family party on Saturday and beautiful weather on Sunday, I managed to get in my sewing room and make progress on a couple of things.  I even started a new project!  (Yea like I need new projects right now!)

First order of business when I got to the cottage Friday night was finishing the top for my July Schnibble - Decoy.  You can read all about it and look at pictures here and here.

Then, I decided to pin baste my Birdhouse Welcome little wall quilt.  I hope to get the quilting done on this one when I get to the cottage on Friday.  Lots of rain in the forecast for this weekend so I might actually get this one all done before I get back to the city Sunday night.  To read all about Birdhouse Welcome, go here.


Finally, on Sunday, I decided to start a new project.  A couple of months ago, I bought Noodlehead's pattern to make a 241 bag.  These beautiful bags were popping up all over blogland and I really wanted one!  But I never actually got around to doing anything with the pattern until this weekend.

Because this was going to be my first time making a bag from this pattern, I decided to use "cheaper" fabric I had in my stash (so I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't turn out quite as nice as all the other bags I'd seen!).  So far, I've got all the pattern pieces cut and they will be coming together this weekend.


And I spent hours all week, while watching TV, weaving in ends for my granny square blanket!  This is taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!

Linking up at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday so here are the stats:

In Progress:
- Birdhouse Welcome
- 241 Tote Bag

New Projects:
- 241 Tote Bag

Completed Projects:
- None  :-(

... and a mountain of quilt tops for me to finish!

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

Izzy

Comments

  1. I love your birdhouse welcome wall hanging! It looks super cute!
    ~Amy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 241, its a great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment