Summer Day in the Wind!

The weather was absolutely beautiful all weekend, but it was really cold.  So although I spent quite a bit of time outside during the day yesterday and today, I did spend both Friday and Saturday night indoors, sitting at my sewing machine.

And I had an extremely productive weekend in the country!  In my last post, I mentioned that I had cut the Prairie Paisley II charms and pieced a whole bunch of flying geese blocks for Summer Day - the April Schnibbles.

Saturday morning, I completed the Summer Day top and took it outside for a few shots in the sunshine, but it was so windy, it was really difficult to get a nice picture of it lying flat.

How do you like the cute garden gnomes holding Summer Day up for the picture?  :-)
Close-up of some of the blocks.  I really like the red, white and blue!

I loved working on this Schnibbles pattern.  The method described in the pattern to complete the Flying Geese blocks was so fast and accurate... and easy!  Loved, loved, loved it!  :-)

Linking up at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty!


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Izzy

Comments

  1. Love the Summer Day! I like it blowing in the wind. It give the photos personality. I also love the color scheme, but you could probably guess that about me, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my favorite so far of yours since I have became one of your followers. Love it and the gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic!! Such perfect geese! The gnomes are hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the gnomes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment