My Weekend Accomplishments!

I had a wonderful weekend once again... Hockey games, lots of sewing, great meal and company Saturday night and the Super Bowl (I only ever really watch it for the half-time show - which was amazing this year!). 

I made some great progress in the quilty department this weekend too!  Only one of my goals didn't get touched - I ran out of time and wasn't able to start cutting into Uncle Vic's Hawaiian shirts.  But I did finish my Kaleidoscope top:


I'm not 100% sure I'm in love with the fabrics and pattern together.  I'm thinking this particular pattern needs a little more contrast, but it'll have to do!  This pattern is called Kaleidoscope and I found it in the Pam and Nicky Lintott book "Two From One Jelly Roll".  The fabric is Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda.  I have the backing and binding fabric ready to go so this should be a fairly quick finish once I decide on a way to quilt this baby.

After finishing Kaleidoscope, I started quilting Two Percent:



I quilted in the ditch around the larger blocks to start with and then I tried a cute quilting motif I found in one of my books:



I'm really liking this!  :-)  I'm planning on using this motif for the center squares throughout and then use the flower and the heart motif on their own for the star points.  I'll do some loops or some other kind of FMQ in the white areas to finish it off.  Quilting the whole thing is probably going to take me months - I don't have the patience to sit there all day doing the same motif over and over again.  I'll probably end up quilting one square per weekend for about 3 months!

So 2 out of 3 goals reached this week... not bad!

And how was your weekend?


Comments

  1. Kaleidoscope is beautiful! I think it looks great! Some of my favorite quilts are a little "blendy". Your quilting is amazing! I can't do a lot at one time either. Just a little at a time still gets it done :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment