A small finish, a sandwich and 96 HSTs

I had a great weekend and I'm happy to report that all of my goals for the weekend were met (sort of!).  First, I finished the 2nd small table topper:



I decided to go with a different block for this second mini quilt.  The first one was called a "Carpenter Star" and this one is called "Railroad Crossing".  I found both patterns in the Pam and Nicky Lintott book Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts.

The fabric I used for both is part of the Presents Explorations collection by Windham Fabrics.

I had also planned to prepare Two Percent for quilting and that is now DONE.  I was hoping I was going to start quilting as well, but I'm not sure how to quilt this one so I decided to give myself another week to think about it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Here it a picture of it - perhaps this will get your creative juices flowing!  :-)


And finally, because I completed the mini quilt and prepared Two Percent for quilting, I thought I'd start on another project.

This fabric is a what's left of a Giddy Jelly Roll (by Sandy Gervais for Moda) that I purchased in the Fall.  I'm crazy about those colours... just lovely. 




By the way, there are 96 HSTs on that table... count 'em - 96!!!  Thank goodness for chain piecing...  I hope to be able to show pictures of a mostly finished quilt top when I get back from the cottage next Sunday.

And how was your weekend?

Comments

  1. Love your 2 percent quilt, it looks wonderful. As for quilting it, I think there's a lot you could do! Straight line would really accent the stars, but a mix of straight/FMQ could work really well. You'll come up with something great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment