A Little Scrap Therapy

This weekend, among other things, I decided to organize my scrap basket.  Actually, my scrap basket is a pretty big white plastic bin into which I've been throwing scraps since I started keeping them.  To be honest, when I started quilting about 3 years ago, I didn't know you could re-use scraps to make "scrappy" quilts, so I used to throw them away.  I know, I know... pretty bad heh?  :-)  When I realized, through reading blogs and researching on the Internet, that scraps could be used to create really beautiful quilts, I bought the plastic bin and began keeping any piece bigger than a 2" x 2" square.

Then a couple of months ago, I was looking at quilting books at Amazon.ca and saw this:

Scrap Therapy Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash
Scrap Therapy available at Amazon.ca
In this book, the author teaches us to organize our scraps into piles of scraps of 3 different sizes:  2", 3 1/2" and 5" squares.  Then the book provides a bunch of really nice patterns in which you can use the squares.

So I spent a couple of hours cutting squares out of my scraps.  I have the perfect little plastic bin to keep them in too:


I love that during the whole cutting process, I get to re-visit all of the quilts I made.  I know why the author called this Scrap Therapy, it really is almost therapeutic!  :-)

That's it for now.  Talk to you all later.

Comments

  1. Very organized!! Mine are all just chucked in a plastic bag - I need to sort that out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment