Farmer's Wife... Now I know!

During my bloggy travels lately, I've read numerous posts and looked at lots and lots of pictures of beautiful 6" blocks related to the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  At first, I really didn't know what the heck these people were talking about, but I really did enjoy looking at all the pictures.  Finally, I read someone's comment on a blog and this person was saying how she had bought the book and was going to get started on these blocks.

My curiosity finally got the better of me and I logged on to Amazon.ca and searched for this book... and ordered it!  :-)  I love reading all the letters; I'm a big history fan, so all of those letters are simply a delight for me.  I might actually try making some of these blocks as a way to use my scraps... who knows - maybe I'll be able to make enough to turn these little blocks into a small lap quilt or even maybe a twin-size quilt.  We'll see!

That's it for now.  Talk to you all later.

Comments

  1. That book is in my amazon basket!! just need to get some money now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tempted to join in too! I had the book in my hand once, but I put it back because I felt like I just had too many other projects going on. But what is one more? I'll be watching for your blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment