Progress on the quilty curtains!

Well - I'm back from vacation and have lots of progress to show you! I got to spend multiple days in the country with my sewing machine while my sweetie was laying a new hardwood floor downstairs.

First, here's a picture of the first quilty curtain (the 1st panel). I doesn't look all that great with the wall that's not quite finished, but you get the idea... :-)

I love how it looks and cannot wait to have the second panel done and up there. When the sun shines through, it really looks amazing!

My neighbour even came over the day after I put this panel up to see what I had done. She says its looks great from her house!


And here's what it looks like from a little further...


After the 1st curtain panel was finished, I didn't want to get started on quilting the 2nd one just yet... needed to work on something new for a little bit, so looked at my stash to see what else I could put together quickly. I found a charm pack I bought on eBay months ago and decided to make a small table topper with it. I used the "Coming Home" pattern from Camille Roskelley's book "Simplify". I think it turned out pretty cute. I already prepared the quilt sandwich for this one so should be able to finish it (binding and all!) over the coming weekend.

And finally, I also managed to put together block 7 of the FatQuarter Shop Mystery BOM. This block was designed by Pam Buda and is called "Warm Woolen Mitten". I have to admit this was probably my least favourite block to put together (all those little pieces!), but I love how it turned out...



That's it for now. Talk to you later!

Comments

  1. Wow, you have been busy! I hope you enjoyed your vacation :) Your curtain looks amazing......I hope you post another picture when you do the second panel so we can see the finished project :) your table topper and block are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the curtain, you sure are ambitious. I also like your coming home pattern, very cute and your warm woolen mitten block is adorable. Those Fat Qtrly BOM blocks are all so cute, lucky you for joining in. You'll have a great quilt at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment