Almost there!

Well, there really hasn't been much sewing going on over the last few weeks because D was renovating the room upstairs at the cottage to make it more "sewing" friendly. In my last post, I showed a picture of the new drawers and that's almost done. We painted the framing a beautiful green and all that's left to do is to put the new handles on the faces.

My sewing (or should I say dining) table is back where it belongs now and I was able to continue working on Heather's wedding quilt over the weekend. The wedding was actually on September 25 so I'm a little behind schedule on that gift! Here's what my little set-up looks like:

It's not the best in the world, but I love that it looks out onto the living room and kitchen area downstairs... that way, I can watch TV and sew at the same time... very important during hockey season! :-)

So as I said, a little progress was made on Heather's quilt, but I'm not quite finished with it yet. I had such a hard time picking the quilting designs for it (I never have an easy time with that step of the process), but I'm hoping it'll be all done next weekend.

I also took the kids apple-picking last weekend which took up a whole day (so no sewing that day), but it was such fun. We go every year to the same orchard near the cottage and I just love it. Here they are with all of our apples:

And of course, once you've picked them, you have to bake with them. So the two girls, D and I spent a whole evening peeling, cutting, and baking. We made apple pies, apple bread, apple muffins and, of course, apple crisps. According to the children (the toughest critics), everything was fabulously delicious!



That's all for now! "Speak" to you soon!

Comments