Log Cabin Fever!

The weather wasn't great last weekend, so I got to spend some time with my sewing machine. I made really nice progress on those small log cabin blocks:


Can you see the picture of the finished quilt? Isn't it pretty? I'm using a variety of fabric for the dark colours (basically using scraps), but the pattern calls for the same fabric on the light side of the blocks, which I love. I can't wait to have this one finished.

Actually, the pattern said to paper-piece the blocks, but I'm fairly new at this quilting business and never tried paper-piecing, so I decided to cut each piece the proper size and basically chain-sew each piece onto the block the "traditional" way. It worked out pretty well... the blocks look good so far!

I'm hoping to finish all 88 blocks this coming weekend and maybe even start putting rows together. I'll post a picture of my progress when I get back on Sunday.

Comments