Back at the sewing machine!

Well, I figured out how to use my left foot on the pedal and keep a kinda steady rythm going! So I started piecing the scrappy log cabin quilt I cut the pieces for sooooo long ago (or so it seems to me!). It was rainy all weekend and there was absolutely nothing good on TV so I decided to try my luck at going up the stairs with my ugly boot and use my left foot on the pedal of my sewing machine. And it worked!

When I went back to my sewing room though, I realized that quite a few of my quilt tops are accumulating and need to be quilted. So next weekend, when my daughter is at her father's, I'm going to try and quilt at least one of my tops. Perhaps I'll tackle "Garden Trellis" which I'm planning on giving to my godmother for her birthday in August. After that, I'll have to finish the purple quilt I made for Heather's wedding in September.

The whole family went to my mother-in-law's 80th birthday yesterday (Saturday) and had lots of fun. My sister-in-law from Edmonton was in town and it's always great to see her. So a great afternoon with the whole crew.

D finally had enough of his 25 year-old Lawn-Boy and decided to buy himself a brand-new John Deere lawn mower for Father's Day:

He's very, very pleased with it and couldn't wait to get it out of the van and start mowing the lawn. I predict a very nice looking lawn in our future this summer!

Comments